Uploading with Dreamweaver 4.0/UltraDev
Microsoft Frontpage Users.
Customers with Microsoft Frontpage extensions installed on their
sites should use only the Frontpage publishing feature to
transfer files. Using regular FTP can corrupt the extensions,
disabling the functionality of the Frontpage web and requiring
that the site be deleted to reinstall the extensions.
1. Start Dreamweaver/UltraDev, click on the Site
menu, and select Define Sites.
2. The Define Sites window will open. Select your web
site from the list and click New.
3. Click on the Local Info tab.
4. Site Name: Give your project a name.
5. Local Root Folder: Locate the directory on your local
computer where your web site is located.
6. Click on the Remote Info tab. From the Access dropdown
menu, select FTP.
7. Several fields will appear that need to be filled out with
your account information.
FTP Host: This will be in the format mydomainname.com,
where mydomainname.com is your actual web site domain
Host Directory: This is the initial server directory that
you want Dreamweaver/UltraDev to open. Enter "/html"
Login: This is the user ID assigned to you by ITS Group Information Technology.
Password: This is the password for FTP.
8. Select OK.
9. Now you are ready to upload your files. Please use the
image below for the following instructions.
10. Select your web site from the Site dropdown list
11. Click the Connect button (item #2). This will connect
Dreamweaver/UltraDev to your server.
12. Select the files that you wish to upload in the window
located on the right hand side of your screen. Click the blue
arrow (item #4) and your files will begin uploading to
your server. Use the green arrow (item #3) if you wish to
download files from your server to your local computer.
13. This concludes the configuration of Dreamweaver/UltraDev.
you have any questions:
support@ITsGroup.org or Phone 1-780-701-7282.