Uploading with Cute FTP
Microsoft Frontpage Users.
Customers with Microsoft Frontpage extensions installed on their
sites should use only the Frontpage publishing feature to
transfer files. Using regular FTP can corrupt the extensions,
disabling the functionality of the Frontpage web and requiring
that the site be deleted to reinstall the extensions.
1. Open CuteFTP.
2. Add a new ftp site by clicking the Add site button.
3. The Add Host window will open. Click on the General
4. You will need to enter information for the following fields:
Site Label: This is the name that you would like
associated with this ftp process. It can be anything that you
want. A good default is the name of your web site.
Host Address: This is yourdomainname.com, where
yourdomainname.com is your actual domain name.
User ID: This is the user ID assigned to you by
ITS Group Information Technology.
Password: This is the password that you designated in
your ITS Group Information Technology Control Panel.
5. Finally, make sure the Host Type is Auto-Detect.
6. Next, click on the Advanced tab.
7. Make sure the Port field is 21.
8. Click OK button.
9. To connect to your newly created ftp site, select the new
site out of the list at the right. Click the Connect
10. The box on the left consists of the files on your local
computer, the box on the right contains the files on ITS Group Information Technology server. To upload files from your local computer to
the ITS Group Information Technology server, change to the correct directory
on the left, and drag and drop files from the left onto the
right. To download, just do the opposite - drag and drop from
right to left.
you have any questions:
support@ITsGroup.org or Phone 1-780-701-7282.